Are you looking for a destination to live Unique experiences? then you have to visit Argentina. This country, renowned for tango, its delicious barbecues and Patagonia, is one of the largest tourist references in Latin America. In fact, his international fame It has maintained a sustained increase, which has allowed it to position itself among those that have recorded the highest growth in this sector of its economy in recent years.
Its capital is the city of Buenos Aires, which receives millions of visitors each year. However, there are many points of interest that are found throughout the territory of this country; as well as its multiple touristic offer. Do you want to know what awaits you in Argentina? Here’s a brief preview:
- main destinations. Buenos Aires is just one of the many cities that will captivate you. Bariloche, Ushuaia, Mar de Plata, Mendoza and Córdoba should not be missing from your itinerary. In them, you can get to know beautiful beaches, climb mountains, enjoy excellent nightlife and much more.
- Gastronomy. Argentine cuisine is one of the most famous in the region. The popular roasts are a challenge that attracts lovers of red meat, as well as tenderloins and choripanes. But, it is also a nation that produces quality wines, which in addition to being exquisite, are very cheap.
- Culture. The love for good music is one of its greatest hallmarks. Tango, in particular, stands out as the genre that most attracts visitors. Art lovers, meanwhile, find a wide range of captivating museums, libraries, monuments and cathedrals.
Miss the opportunity to meet a such a beautiful destination, it would be a waste. Equivalently, attempting to visit it without having complete documentation required by the immigration authorities, it would be a problem. Therefore, in this post we will explain everything you need to know to travel without inconvenience to Argentina.
Requirements for entry to the country
According to Argentine standardstourists are called those people who enter the country by reasons for rest or recreation and do not intend to remain in it for more than 90 days. Said period may be extended, upon request of the interested party, for the same period. Those who want to enter by air under said condition, must present the following documentation:
It must be current and valid for at least six months counted from the date of entry to Argentina. Citizens from Brazil, Bolivia, Uruguay, Paraguay, Chile, Peru, Venezuela, Ecuador and Colombiaare allowed to present their ID or other legal travel document issued in their country of origin as an alternative to their passport.
It should be noted that, due to the agreements concluded between Argentina and the aforementioned nations, the border authorities they will only require people from these countries a identity or travel document make it lawful. However, it is advisable to carry the ones that we will mention below, since they could be requested by the immigration officials.
Tourist visa or Electronic Travel Authorization (AVE)
These documents are required from certain foreigners based on their nationality.
Air ticket or return flight reservation
This requirement offers the authorities certainty that the date of departure does not exceed the 90 days stay allowed to tourists. Those who wish to extend their stay must express their intention to do so upon arrival.
Proof of economic solvency
It is recommended to show Account statementsmonthly summaries of Credit cards, salary statement endorsed by the employer or otherwise, income certifications. In this way, it will be possible to demonstrate that they have sufficient financial means to cover the expenses that arise during the stay.
Although Argentina does not establish a minimum amount of support fundsit is advisable to have at least $50 per day of stay. This amount is equivalent to approximately 5,205 ARS.
proof of accommodation
Are valid the Hotel Reservations or other types of accommodation. Alternatively, the invitation cardwhose format is available here: https://www.argentina.gob.ar/sites/default/files/model_carta_de_invitacion_a_un_turista.docx
Conditions for obtaining a tourist visa
Citizens who come from nations with which Argentina has not entered into exemption agreementsThey are required to submit a tourist visa upon arrival in the country. In the link indicated below, you can verify who must comply with said formality: http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesible/indexdnm.php?visas
If necessary, the interested parties will have to gather the following elements:
- Passport whose validity extends for a minimum of six months, counted from the date of entry into the country; and at least two blank pages.
- Two recent photosin color, on a white background and measuring 4×4 cm.
- Visa application form, preferably filled out in digital format and signed. To download it, go to: https://www.argentina.gob.ar/sites/default/files/fsv2018_espanol_editable_0.pdf
- Reservation of travel tickets back and forth. It is recommended not to formalize the purchase until the visa is granted.
- Reservation of lodging and tourist itinerary. Those staying with individuals can download the invitation letter format that we indicated in the previous section.
- Pay of $150 by concept of consular feewhich will be delivered in legal currency in the country where the procedure is carried out.
- Attend consular interview.
Compliance with the requirements described above does not ensure granting of the visa. Said power is exclusive to the State, which may reject the request without reimbursing the money that has been paid for consular fees.
If the visa is approved, the stay for 90 days. This period may be extended just one timeduring the same period, provided that the interested party makes a formal request to one of the delegations of the National direction of Migration of the Argentine Republic, with prior to expiration of the initial permit.
Electronic Travel Authorization (AVE) | How to request it?
From September 1, 2016, the AVE entered into force. The purpose of this document is to establish control over certain foreigners who enter the country with transitory character and by leisure reasons. On the official website of the Argentine Foreign Ministry, the list of nations to which this measure applies is available: https://csigo.cancilleria.gob.ar/es/content/authorizaci%C3%B3n-de-viaje-electr%C3%B3nica-ave-para-ciudadanos-chinos
They will only be eligible to process the AVE, the citizens of the selected countries, who have a current visa category B2emited by the United States or failing that, granted by any of the nations that make up the Schengen Area. The process is completely electronic and includes the following steps:
- Access the platform of the National Directorate of Migration and make the payment of 50 USD for pay rates. Once this step is completed, a unique ID, which will enable the system and allow the process to proceed. Use the following link: http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/ave/index.htm#listado
- complete the AVE application formwhich is accessed from the following link: https://www.dnm.gov.ar/avevisa/login. Likewise, it is necessary to attach the required documentation in PDF format. If for any reason it is illegible, the interested party will be notified by email; so that, within the indicated period, it corrects the errors.
- The National Directorate of Migration will respond within the 10 working days after the formalization of the request. It will be sent to the email provided by the citizen. If the AVE is approved, it will be attached to the e-mail.
Restrictions decreed by COVID-19
Currently, Argentina allows the entry of foreigners who travel by tourist reasons. However, despite the progress made in the fight against COVID-19, much remains to be done. By virtue of this, this nation will demand from its visitors the following conditions:
- Vaccination scheme that has been completed, at least 14 days before the trip.
- Negative PRC test, practiced within 72 hours prior to boarding. The test must be repeated between the 3rd and 5th day after arrival in the country.
- Health insurance that covers the expenses incurred in the event of a possible contagion of COVID-19. A list of the various companies that offer this service in Argentina can be consulted here: https://www.argentina.gob.ar/interior/migraciones/cuales-son-los-corredores-seguros.
- Electronic affidavitthrough which the full knowledge of the current Argentine regulations in relation to COVID-19 is manifested. It must be done from the following portal: https://ddjj.migraciones.gob.ar/app/home.php, within 48 hours prior to shipment. People over 70 years old do not have to do it.
- Download the Caring app, developed specifically with the aim of improving protection measures against possible contagion. It is available in mobile and web version.
People who have been infected within 90 days prior to travelthey may submit a positive PCR testif accompanied by the High medical. The latter will have to be issued after at least 10 days have elapsed since the completion of the test.
With this information you can start preparing your trip. In any case, do not hesitate to update it by contacting the Argentinian embassy with jurisdiction in your country. Another alternative to find out about current regulations and the most recent news is to consult the website of the Ministry of the Interior: https://www.argentina.gob.ar/interior/migrations