Would you like it travel to the past? Yes, you have read correctly and it is not a fantasy; because that is what you will do when you visit Egypt, a country in which part of the historic seat most important of humanity. In addition, it will be impossible not to marvel at its landscapes and the majesty of its pyramids and temples.
Egypt is a country that attracts million tourists annually, even to those with little interest in history. And it is that, one thing is what we see in the books and another very different, is to witness the legacy greatness that their empires left to humanity.
Among its attractions, not only the pyramids and temples are mentioned, since its natural beauty it is simply captivating. The Nile riverthe Red Sea, deserts and beaches, are irresistible for those who visit the country; therefore, even if your trip is for business, you will not be able to avoid strolling through the wonders that egypt possesses.
Immigration requirements to travel to Egypt
One of the fundamental steps when organizing a international travelis to ensure compliance with the immigration regulations. In this sense, Egypt requires visitors certain income conditions that may vary according to the country of origin or nationality. In general, tourists must gather the following documentation:
- Passport. Valid for at least six months from the end of the visit.
- International vaccination certificate. If the visitor comes from Brazil, Venezuela, Ecuador or Sudan.
- Travel itinerary and hotel reservation. Or, indicate the address of the accommodation where you will stay during your stay in the country.
Among the vaccines that are recommended to have, prior to arrival in Egypt, are those that protect against diphtheria, polio, measles, rubella, and yellow fever. Additionally, it is advisable to include in the international certificate, those of hepatitis A and B, rabies, influenza and pneumococcal.
Regarding the passport, Egypt accepts as valid both traditional ones such as biometric. It is important to keep in mind that if you renew it after receiving the entry visa, it will automatically lose its validity. In this case, you will have to perform the procedure again to obtain it.
Types of valid visa to travel to Egypt
All persons wishing to travel to Egypt, with some exceptions, must have a visa. This may be from single entry or multiple according to the reason of the visit, person’s nationality Y dwell time in the country.
As its name indicates, the single entry visa it is applicable for those who intend to visit the country only once and do not intend to return after their departure. This document has a validity of 30 days counted from the date of its issuance.
The citizens of U.S and of the European Union may be exempt from this requirement, if your trip does not exceed the 15 days. In the same way, it is necessary that in your itinerary you include the visit to some Touristic centresincluding the Red Sea. In such a case, they will receive a visa-exempt entry stamp.
The multiple entry visa, for its part, allows its holders to leave and re-enter Egypt. Once approved, citizens will be able to stay until 30 days per visit in a maximum period of 180 days. This is the option to which those who wish to work in the countrysince it is a requirement to opt for the corresponding permit.
How to process the visa to enter Egypt?
There are three ways to request egyptian tourist visa. And the requirements for processing are the following:
- e-Visa. It is recommended to start the process of electronic visa, at least seven business days before the trip. However, the ideal is to do it earlier, in order to avoid complications and unforeseen events. To apply it is required:
– Have a valid passport.
– Complete the electronic form.
– pay the fee established (can be done with a debit or credit card).
– Attach a scanned image of the passport main page.
The online process only takes a few minutes. Once the visa is approved, the holder must print a copy and present it when they arrive in Egypt. Given its great utility in decongesting the consulates, embassies and immigration control pointsis the option recommended by the authorities.
- Visa at embassy. In this case, the interested party must appear before the corresponding body and present the required documentation; which may vary according to the nationality of the applicant. In general terms, it will be required:
– Fill the application form.
– Valid and current passport. It is important that you have at least one blank sheet, to add the corresponding stamps.
– Two recent photos. The dimensions and other specifications should be consulted at the embassy or consulate).
– Copy of certain documents. Air ticket, travel itinerary and hotel reservation.
- Visa on arrival. It is the option for those who prefer to do the process from the immigration control points at the airport. For this, the citizen only needs to come from one of the eligible countrieshave a valid passport and pay 25USD for the rights.
This alternative is not valid if you opt for a multiple entry visa. To find out if your country of origin is eligible, go to the following website: https://www.visa-egypt.com/en/news/visa-on-arrival
Documentation required by COVID-19
After two years of the pandemic, the restriction measures applied in airports around the world; although much progress has been made in establishing requirements to maintain the visitor safety and citizens. For Egypt, travelers must present one of the following documents:
It must include the type of vaccine, the number of doses received and their date. The Egyptian authorities only accept the following: AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Sinovac, Moderna, Sputnik, Sinopharm and Janssen.
Likewise, the vaccine must be issued by a authorized laboratorycount on QR code and be current. For the purposes of the regulations established by the Egyptian authorities, those whose last dose has been administered at least 14 days before the trip.
Negative PCR test.
In addition to the result, it must be stated that the test was performed within the 72 hours before the flight or 96 hoursif the person comes from some latin american country. Regarding its validity conditions, it must meet the following requirements:
– Issued by an accredited laboratory.
– Indication of the type of sample.
– Issued in English and/or Arabic.
– With a valid laboratory stamp or QR code.
Other health measures
Upon arrival at the airport, visitors will need to complete and return the public health form. In addition, the authorities may carry out a COVID-19 rapid test, the procedure to follow will depend on its results. Similarly, travelers will be subjected to temperature controls and must comply with use of the mask and the social distancing.
Additional tips to organize your trip to Egypt
If you travel to Egypt for the first time, it is likely that you are unaware of certain aspects of the dynamics of that country. In this regard, to ensure that your experience is unforgettable Y avoid bad timeswe recommend you remember the following tips:
- Make sure you have the required documents for the visa process.
- Apply for the visa well in advance, do not trust the minimum terms.
- Keep up with the news and novelties that arise around COVID-19.
- Research about the conduct and dress codes that you must comply with, especially if you are a woman.
- Learn the art of negotiationsince many merchants tend to increase up to 10 times the real price of the products.
It is also advisable to prepare a travel itinerary make it realistic. There are so many magnificent places in Egypt, you won’t want to go home until you see every last one of them. Therefore, we recommend plan your schedule well and not make it so tight, so that you can enjoy each experience without rush and have a good timeframe to solve contingencies should they arise. Don’t forget to pack sunscreen, you will need it!