If you are in the process of plan a trip to england, you have made an excellent decision; but, we must warn you that there is so much to see and do, that a few days will not be enough. For many visitors, the country’s greatest attraction is the capital city; one of the most famous in the world for its impressive beauty, cultural offer Y active night life.
But nevertheless, England is much more than London. This country is rich in spaces in which those who are interested in aspects such as architecture, history, music and arts, in general, they can enjoy. Some of the most popular places are:
- Hadrian’s Wall. It is an ancient wall whose length reaches 80 Roman miles, which is equivalent to about 118 km. Currently, it has been declared a World Heritage Site and visitors can access it in its entirety.
- Manchester. It was the first industrialized city in the world. Nowadays, it is very popular thanks to its residents’ passion for football. Those who visit it can enjoy its architectural beauty, multiple museums and an exciting nightlife.
- Winchester. It was the capital of England during the time of Viking rule. The city is charming and exhibits a notable medieval influence. One of its attractions is the representation of the round table of King Arthur.
- Stonehenge. This is one of the must-see places. Declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, it is an impressive prehistoric monument erected approximately 2,500 years BC.
And next to these places, there are Oxford, Liverpool, York, Stratford-upon-Avon, Norwich, Lincoln and many others that, without a doubt, you should include in your itinerary. But before you do, make sure you meet the requirements by british authorities to the tourists.
Requirements to travel to England
Many tourists who want to travel to England get confused when organizing their immigration documents. This error is due to the fact that this country belongs to the United Kingdom. Which, after Brexit, changed the migratory conditions; particularly, with respect to the nations that belong to the European Union. However, in general terms, it requires its visitors to meet the following requirements:
- Visa. This condition is only applicable to citizens from certain countries. Such persons are not granted a visa on arrival; therefore, it is necessary that they obtain it in advance.
- Passport. It must be valid and it is recommended that its validity be extended to at least six months after the date of entry into the country.
- Flight reservation. In which it is evidenced that the person intends to leave England, in a timely manner. The destination can be to the country of origin, the country of origin or a third party.
- Lodging reservation. Where the address, phone number and identification of the hotel can be verified. Those who stay with friends or relatives may show an invitation letter indicating the personal and contact information of the person who will receive the visitor.
- Proof of economic solvency. Every tourist must demonstrate that he or his host can bear the costs of his visit. Account statements, credit card balances, cash, etc. will be valid.
The immigration authorities They are the only ones with the power to approve or reject the tourist income. By virtue of this, they are allowed to verify the authenticity of the information provided and even, inspect traveler’s luggage. If they detect inconsistencies or falsehoods in the data provided, they have the power to deny entry to England.
How to apply for the visitor visa?
The first step that a foreigner must carry out, before traveling to England, is to verify if he needs a visitor visa. To do this, we recommend entering the following official UK portal (it is in English): https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y
People who, due to their nationality, do need to process it, will have to meet the following requirements:
- Tuberculosis test. Some people, depending on their country of origin, must undergo a clinical test that has been approved by the corresponding Ministry of the Interior. Learn about the list of nations that have to meet this requirement here: https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa/countries-where-you-need-a-tb-test-to-enter-the-uk
- Application form. It is usually obtained by downloading it from the website of the British embassies in each country. However, if it is not available in digital format, it is advisable to visit the corresponding office.
- Passport. Whose validity covers at least the time of stay in the country and has at least one blank page.
- Proof of roots in the country of origin. Certificates of study, work, certificates of obtaining scholarships, company registration and travel itineraries are valid. These documents help to show that there is no intention to stay in England and that the purpose of the visit is unquestionable.
- Proof of economic solvency. In which it can be verified that the person has sufficient funds available for their visit and that they can access them. Valid documents are: financial statements, accounting books of companies or income certifications.
- Criminal record. Issued, signed and stamped by the competent authority in the country of origin.
Documents that are not originally issued in English or Welshwill have to be accompanied by the respective translation, approved by the corresponding Ministry of the Interior. They will only be accepted, those in which a interpreter statement comply with the following formalities:
- Certification that the translation made is accurate and agrees with the content of the original documents.
- Mention of the date on which the translation was made.
- Indication of the name, signature and contact details of the interpreter.
Visitor visa application procedure
Once the documents described above have been gathered, the next step is to present them to the relevant authorities; and for this, you must request a appointment at the british embassy of the country of residence. During the meeting with the British representative, on the indicated date, the person may be interviewed about the information he provided and even about his immigration history.
The procedure of the standard visitor visa, it has a cost of £95 and will be paid at the embassy when requesting the appointment. Saying amount will not be refunded, in no case; not want if permission is denied. Therefore, it is recommended check carefully that the requirements are met.
Another aspect that should be taken into account is that the process can take up to three weeks. For this reason, the British authorities advise start the process as far in advance as possible and postpone the purchase of air tickets until you have obtained the visa.
If approved, the applicant will be authorized to enter England for up to six months. This time may be extended, if there are extraordinary circumstances; such as the need to apply medical treatments or the conduct of academic research.
England and COVID-19 | Biosecurity requirements for tourists
For now, it is impossible to travel internationally without taking into account certain sanitary measures that prevent the spread of COVID-19. England is a country in which cases of contagion of the Omicron variant have already been observed. For this reason, the State has established two visitor entry protocols depending on whether they are vaccinated or not.
An essential aspect to manage is the query to verify that the complete vaccination schedule according to English standards. In this sense, people who provide the following tests will qualify as suitable:
- Vaccination certificate, where it is verified that you have received the corresponding doses; at least 14 days before traveling.
- The certificate must have been issued by some UK vaccination program or approved by it. Those carried out within the framework of United Nations initiatives will also be valid.
Those who qualify as fully vaccinated citizens must also:
People who are not vaccinated, in addition to the requirements just mentioned, have to present proof negative PCR, made within the two days prior to the trip. To those who claim natural immunitythey will be required to alternative test. Once their entry is approved, they will complete a period of isolation for 10 days.
As you can see, it is necessary to organize your trip to England with enough anticipation, especially if you are required to have a visa. Keep in mind that the information that we have detailed here could change if there are changes related to the pandemic or with international agreements that this country celebrates with other nations. Therefore, do not forget to consult the immigration requirements in official sources.