The sightseeing is one of the aspects of life that has been strongly influenced by the pandemic; not only in terms of restrictive measures, but also in terms of trends assumed by travelers. For this reason, places where the predominant natural beauty about crowds of people. And, those who are in search of a destination full of landscapes to admire, can not miss New Zealand.
Even before the pandemic, New Zealand was already a country that attracted millions of tourists every year. The diversity of your Flora and faunathe beauty of its beaches and his geographic situationmake it the ideal destination to get away from the issues that concern us daily.
Another reason why this country has become popular among tourists is its high level of development. Currently, he leads areas such as education, security and economic freedomcharacterized by a absence of corruption and a deep sense of democracy. All of which contributes to his international fame.
What documents are required to travel to New Zealand?
Planning an international trip encompasses the pressure of qualify that the country of destination requires foreign visitors. This is probably the most difficult part of the organization. For this reason, we want to simplify your task by explaining, in detail, what is the documentation that you must submit to the New Zealand authorities:
- Valid passport. Passports of citizens from countries with an embassy in New Zealand will be accepted; provided that the expiration date is not less than one month from the moment in which it corresponds to return to the place of origin. For other foreigners, this time will be at least three months.
- New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority. Better known as the NZeTA, it is a mandatory document for passengers coming from nations that enjoy the benefit of visa exemption.
- Departure flight booking. It is essential that it be destined for a country in which the person is allowed to enter.
- Proof of economic solvency. The visitor must demonstrate that he can assume the expenses generated during the time he remains in the country. New Zealand requires a minimum of 400 New Zealand dollars (NZD) per month if the person will not pay for accommodation. Otherwise, the amount is 1,000 NZD.
- Solvency of criminal records. Where it is stated that the person has not been convicted of crimes that carry a prison sentence.
- immigration form. This document is given to each passenger before arriving at the airport. It must be filled with true information; since, the authorities could verify its veracity.
Foreigners who can process the NZeTA will not have to apply for a visitor visa if your stay is less than a quarter or six months, in the case of British citizens. This time is extendable, provided that it is shown that there are reasons that justify it.
Conditions to opt for the NZeTA
The Electronic Authorization to Travel to New Zealand, or NZeTA, is a alternative permit granted to citizens who are exempt from requesting the tourist visa. It entered into force on October 1, 2019 and if you want to know who should process it, enter here:
https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa/about-visa/nzeta# https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/ apply-for-a-visa/tools-and-information/general-information/visa-waiver-countries/slider
In addition to passengers who come from visa-exempt countries, they can also opt for it all the cruise ship peoplewith independence of their nationality. In any case, it will be valid for two years and those interested in obtaining it must have the following requirements:
- valid passport.
- Email address.
- Current photograph, sent in JPG format, whose resolution ranges between 900 x 1200 px and 2250 x 3000 px. Its capacity cannot exceed 3MB. For more information on the technical specifications that it must meet, go to:
- Application formwhich can be filled from the mobile app or by entering: https://nzeta.immigration.govt.nz/
- Debit or credit card for the payment of processing costs and the tourism and conservation tax (IVL).
Once the procedure is complete, the average response time is 72 hours. The IVL has a flat rate of 35 NZD. As for the processing fees, these vary according to the route from which the request is made:
- mobile app. The cost of which is 9 NZD.
- online form. In this case, the fee is 12 NZD.
Requirements to obtain a visitor visa
Citizens who come from countries exempt from the NZeTAThey must apply for a visitor’s visa. It is also a condition for those who they travel for tourism and want to stay in New Zealand for more than three months. Before making the request, the person must ensure that they meet the following requirements:
- Passport in good conditionwhich complies with the validity conditions mentioned above.
- Flight reservation where the date of departure from the country is indicated.
- Provide evidence that you can assume the expenses generated during your visit.
- show that it is in good health or possess a medical exemption.
- Show that travel with good intentions. The authorities will request a criminal record to verify the information provided. In addition, they may interview the applicant.
- Complete the application form, which is available here:
The tourist visa has a value of 246 NZD. This amount must be paid at the time of making the request and can be paid with a debit or credit card. The PayPal accounts they are also accepted by New Zealand authorities.
Those who want to leave open the option of working while getting to know New Zealand, can opt for a holiday work visa. Said document is a special alternative that favors the young people and can be requested by entering:
Sanitary measures established by New Zealand due to COVID-19
New Zealand will keep its closed borders for non-essential travel until the end of February 2022. Before that date, only the entry of foreigners for exception path. Now, the authorities have already announced the protocol that will be followed when these visitors are allowed to enter again. It includes the following conditions:
- Quarantine. Depending on the country of origin, passengers must comply with a period of controlled isolation for 10 days. Citizens of New Zealand and Australia, their direct relatives and those who have a permanent residence visa from one of these countries are exempt from this requirement, if they have received all doses of the vaccine.
- Negative PCR test. Made within 48 hours of arrival in New Zealand. The test must be carried out in a laboratory approved by the authorities of the country of origin.
- Vaccine. This requirement is mandatory for foreign travelers, who must comply with the complete scheme. New Zealand approves 29 vaccines against COVID-19 and they can be found here: https://covid19.govt.nz/travel/international-travel-and-transit/proof-of-vaccination-for-travel-to-new-zealand/
Each traveler has the responsibility to verify which are the sanitary requirements that it must comply with, by virtue of its place of origin. Likewise, it is up to them to keep up with the conditions that the New Zealand government decrees in the coming months. You can expand this information here: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19/border-closures-and-exceptions/entry-to-new-zealand/border-entry-requirements
Additional tips for traveling to New Zealand
In addition to gathering the entry documentsIt is important that avoid making mistakes during your stay in New Zealand. So, if you go for the first time, we recommend you follow these tips:
- Yes you travel with your pet, make sure you will be allowed entry. Some breeds are prohibited.
- The customs controls they are very strict. Avoid traveling with food, organic products and alcoholic beverages.
- You may need to bring a adapter for plugssince in New Zealand the type I model and a voltage of 230V are used.
- In some places you will not have coverage, so try download your routes before going on an excursion.
- If you are going to make a large purchase, it is advisable to opt for the supermarkets in the most populated areas. In small towns, prices can triple.
And finally, we recommend you to be generous with the number of days How long will your vacation last? There’s so much to see in New Zealand, you’ll need at least a couple of weeks to know the most emblematic places. In any case, we are sure that you will want to return.