Who doesn’t like to travel and disconnect from daily stress? Surely, you would love to dedicate part of your time to tourism, visit exotic places and add new experiences to those you have already lived. And few countries are as conducive to it as South Africaa nation with great natural wealth and much to offer as we will show you below.
Also known as South Africa, this country is very popular with tourists of all the world; who choose him for his multiple attractions. However, one of the main reasons is its great cultural diversity; which is so broad, that it is impossible to say that there is one that stands out predominantly.
But its cultural richness is not the only reason why you should include it on your list of favorite destinations. Those who dare to visit South Africa will find a country that, among other things, offers:
- Adventure trip.Can you imagine diving with sharks or seeing the most impressive lions up close? What would it be like to bungee jump? This and many other activities that will raise your adrenaline to the maximum, you can carry out in South Africa.
- exciting story.Those who declare themselves lovers of the origins of humanity, have to travel to South Africa. There are not only places that are among the oldest on the planet; but, in addition, ruins of the first empires and many emblematic locations can be seen.
- economic destination. A surprising fact is that you do not need a fortune to enjoy this magnificent country. In principle, its natural beauty, the multiple entertainment options it offers and the majesty of its infrastructure make us think otherwise. But those who dare to visit it, discover that it is much more affordable than they feared.
South Africa and COVID-19 | Biosecurity requirements for tourists
The Tourism has drastically changed all over the world, because of COVID-19. But this does not imply that you abandon your plans, as long as you keep in mind and comply with the conditions that the countries have established to carry out said activity.
In the case of South Africa, a biosafety protocol similar to the rest of the region. In this sense, the entry of foreigners or residents from other countries is allowed as long as they meet the following conditions:
- Negative PCR test.It is mandatory to present the respective document and it must be valid for a maximum of 72 hours. The traveler will have to show the original result by means of a physical document, since the digital format is not accepted. Those who do not meet this requirement will be evaluated by health professionals upon arrival. And, if necessary, they will have to comply with a mandatory quarantine for 10 days, assuming the costs derived from it.
- Traveler’s health questionnaire. 48 hours before departure from the place of origin, the passenger must fill out a form required by the South African Government. In it, you are asked to provide some personal data for the purposes of your identification, but also others related to your health, people with whom you have had recent contact and contact information while you are in that country.
- additional measures. Travelers will be able to undergo temperature checks and visual screening. In case of presenting any symptoms related to COVID-19, the pertinent tests will be carried out; and, those who test positive will be transferred to an establishment, where they must quarantine for 10 days.
It is important to keep in mind that it is a citizen duty postpone the trip if any symptom associated with COVID-19. This is for your own good and as a way to cut the contagion chain.
Restrictions in force in the country due to the pandemic
For the purposes of entry and stay in the country, it is important to know and comply with the measures established by the South African State. So, both nationals as tourists must comply with the following standards:
- Use of the mask in public places (including means of transport) and in closed spaces.
- The capacity in public transport is restricted according to its capacity.
- The Hotels they are open and work without capacity restrictions. However, guests must use masks in common areas.
- The museums, cinemas, theaters, zoos, beaches and amusement parks They stay open until 9pm.
- Bars and restaurants They stay open until 11 pm. They must observe the biosafety standardscomply with the permitted capacity and maintain social distancing.
- The discos they remain closed.
- The stores and other commercial service providers can open their establishments, ensuring the disinfection of customers and social distancing.
- Between midnight and 4 a.m. there curfew in all the country.
It is essential that tourists practice the recommendations issued by the World Health Organization such as constant hand washing, social distancing and immediate notification to the health authorities if they occur Flu symptoms such as fever and headache.
Tourists who do not have vaccination certificate against COVID-19 must obtain it at least 14 days before their departure from South Africa. This condition does not apply to citizens residing in the country. However, they will have to present the negative PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to your trip.
Requirements for entry to the country
Under ordinary conditions, tourists have to gather some documentation and meet certain requirements when entering another country. When it comes to South Africa, some formalities vary depending on the place of origin. But generally speaking, visitors should note the following:
- Valid passportwith a minimum validity of 30 days after the date of entry.
- If the passport is not South African, you must have at least two blank pages; so that the immigration authorities can put the corresponding stamps.
- If you come from one of the countries for which vaccination against yellow feverit must be placed at least 10 days before the trip.
- IF you travel as a tourist, you must indicate the departure date of South Africa and contribute hosting data.
In more specific cases, a tourist or business visa; if so, it will have to be processed before the corresponding embassy. On the other hand, it is recommended that the diligence be carried out, at least, one month before the trip.
who travel with minorsthey must submit the Identification documents of these, translated into English and apostilled. If the companion is not your parent, additionally, you will be required to:
- Travel access issued by the parents or legal representatives of the minor.
- Copy of identification document parental.
- death certificate of the parent(s), if applicable.
If the minor is traveling alone, in addition to the requirements mentioned above, they must indicate the details of the person who will receive you in South Africa. Also, you will need to attach copy of identity document, passport or visa Of the same.
Some fun facts about South Africa
All countries have a history characterized by events that make them unique and South Africa is no exception. In fact, those who visit this nation are surprised to learn data that is already part of its essence, some of the most popular are:
- In this country is the famous Kruger Parkone of the natural reserves largest in Africa. Its extension is 19,635 km² and this is almost equal to the area of belgium.
- South Africa has in its history several records of largest animals in the world. Among the species that have received this award are: ostrich, shark, giraffe and elephant.
- It is also known as the “rainbow nation” due to the immense variety of cultures represented within it.
- Has eleven official languages and the main ones are Zulu, Xhosa, Afrikaans and English.
- South Africa is the headquarters of the wine route longest in the world.
- In the year 1905, in the Premier Mine of Pretoria, it was found what until now is the world’s largest diamond.
These wonderful data, added to the beautiful tourist wealth that characterize it, make the country an excellent option for visitors. So if you’re looking for a place where to live Unique experiences, connect with nature Or simply, relax in an exotic settingCome to South Africa. Here we give you all the information you need to know about this fascinating location, all you need to do is schedule the date and prepare your luggage.