Talk about tourism in asiaforces to include Thailand. After China and Malaysiais the country of that continent, most visited by those looking for a leisure time. This data gives you an idea of the countless wonders that you can witness when traveling to that nation. What makes it so interesting? Surely, to begin with, we can mention his heavenly beaches.
Another element that deserves special mention is its gastronomy. The Thai food is one of the most famous on the continent and is world famous. On the other hand, like many of its neighbors, this nation is full of temples, landscapes of exuberant beauty Y natural treasureswhich make it a perfect destination to forget about everyday worries and enjoy the most beautiful places on the planet.
The Thai town that registers largest annual influx of tourists is your capital, bangkokalso known among its inhabitants as the “city of angels”. In it there are hundreds of places of great historical interest and countless entertainment options. So, there are plenty of reasons to start planning a trip to this enchanting country.
Thailand Entry Policies
Knowing the documentation required when arriving in a country is essential to enjoy some hassle free vacation. And if you wish that everything is going well On your trip to Thailand, you must verify that you have the following requirements.
- It is a document required of foreigners from countries that do not have an exemption agreement with Thailand. Extensive information on this is available at the following link:
- An original and a copy must be submitted, and only those valid for at least six months at the time of admission will be valid.
- Demonstrating intent to quit the country within the allowed time. Air tickets to another nation are also valid.
- Both accommodation reservations and letters of invitation are accepted.
- Through which the ability to subsist during the stay is demonstrated.
It is crucial to respect the terms of stay approved by the government. Exceeding these limits is a Serious felony that carries the imposition of a fine of 500 bahts (official currency of Thailand), for each day of stay outside the authorized time. In cases where the penalty exceeds 20,000 baht, the authorities may arrest and deport to the person.
Requirements to process the tourist visa
The interested people When traveling to Thailand, they should check if a visa will be required upon arrival in the country. In order to know the information in your own languageit is advisable to go to the embassy or consulate that corresponds, according to your country of residence. However, you also have the possibility of entering the official website of the Immigration office: https://www.immigration.go.th/
Thailand grants tourist visa under two modalitiesattending to the travelers needs. The differentiation is due to number of tickets to the country you intend to do, according to which you can choose between:
- single entry visa. It is the document you should choose if you plan to visit Thailand only once. It is valid for three months, grants a 60-day residence permit and costs 1,000 bahts to process.
- multiple entry visa. It is the ideal option for those who want to leave open the possibility of entering Thailand more than once. It is valid for six months and allows a maximum stay of 60 days per visit. Its processing cost is 1000 baht per ticket; but, if a number of visits is not specified, the value will be 5000 baht. In view of its high price, it is only recommended to opt for such permission when it is really necessary.
Now the application form varies according to type of tourist visa which you want to choose. These questionnaires are available on the web pages of the consular offices, which are based in each country. In both cases, for formalize the request The following requirements must be met:
- Passport or travel documentwith a minimum validity of six months.
- Visa application fully filled, available at visa centers or official portals of consular offices.
- travel evidence from Thailand. Only fully paid tickets are accepted.
- recent photographwhose dimensions are 4 x 6 cm
- Proof of economic solvencywhich will be 20,000 baht per person or 40,000 baht per family.
Keep in mind that these requirements may vary depending on the visa center where you go For this reason, it is recommended consult directly at the consulate which are the documents required to start the process.
COVID-19 | How to enter Thailand without complying with quarantine?
COVID-19 continues to be a threat in the world and Thailand is no exception. Because of the Omicron variantthey have increased restrictions; for the purpose of keep safe of nationals and visitors. Currently, they are allowed leisure travelfor which three income modalities have been designed.
The first of the ways to travel as a tourist to Thailand is an alternative that will come into force on February 01, 2022. To her they can choose, those who wish to arrive without having to submit to one quarantine which is otherwise mandatory. In this case, it is essential to meet the requirements described below:
- Having stayed, the last 21 days, in one of the authorized countries. Check the list here: https://www.tatnews.org/2022/01/thailand-reopening-exemption-from-quarantine-test-go/
- request the Thailand Passwhich will be available from February 1, 2022 on the following portal: https://tp.consular.go.th/
- Vaccination certificate stating that the complete regimen has been received and that the last dose has been administered at least 14 days before entering Thailand. This document is a requirement for all persons over 18 years of age.
- Negative PCR test, practiced within 72 hours before making the trip. The certificate must be written in English.
- have a travel insurancewith coverage of at least USD 50,000, which includes health care in case of infection by COVID-19.
- pay one PCR test upon arrival and one night of accommodation in a hotel authorized for alternative quarantine, in order to wait for the test result.
- Download the “Mor Chana” app.
- Fill the Form T8which is supplied to passengers on the plane.
- Complete the form “Quarantine Form”, which is given to foreigners upon arrival in the country.
Additionally, it will be required to carry out a PCR test at fifth day of stay. On this occasion, it will also be necessary stay in a licensed hotelin order to wait for the results of it.
Can you enter Thailand from an unauthorized country?
Thailand has been concerned to maintain, as much as possible, the tourist activity conditions. Therefore, it provides an alternative for those travelers who come from countries that do not belong to the category of authorized areas. This option constitutes the second type of income designed because of the pandemic.
This second option only benefits foreigners who have the full inoculation schedule. Likewise, it applies to those who have infected in the last three months and show a certificate verifying that they have received at least one dose of any of the WHO-licensed vaccines.
The other requirements are the same as those detailed in the previous section. But also includes a additional restriction: Entry will only be authorized if the destination is one of the 17 cities belonging to Sandbox Program and the person complies with the condition of staying in said territory, at least, during seven days.
The destinations that belong to the Sandbox Program are also known as the Blue Zone. To know which are the cities that compose it, it is recommended check what’s new published by the official tourism authority of thailand on their website: